Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Little Green Thumb

Vivi has really enjoyed working outside again this year.  Russ has been busy building us a little garden behind the garage, complete with retaining wall.  Vivi has been a most eager helper.

I don't know what it is about the wheelbarrow, but kids are ENTRANCED by it.  Noah spent an entire evening pretending it was a motorcycle, and Vivi will follow behind Russ and wait very patiently for the chance to push it.
Yeah...manual labor.  I just....don't get it.

Vivi and I have our outside traditions as well.  She spent a lot of time this spring helping me harvest our peonies and making sure we had beautiful flowers in every room.  Her job? Removing all the leaves so we could put them in vases.
She took it very seriously.

She has been so much fun this spring, watching her explore the yard and enjoy all our (attempted) gardening.
Our peonies are past their prime at this point, and Vivi is now demanding to be taken to "the farmers shopping store" (i.e., the Farmers Market) so we can buy the "flowers for sale" and put them in our vases.  

I must say, it is a request I think I will be happy to oblige. 

No comments:

Post a Comment