Sunday, November 11, 2012

Carnival

No, we didn't go to Rio.  Sadly.  But we did go to a carnival!  Noah's school held their annual carnival, and we decided to tag along, with Jill and Parker, too.  Aunt Kate and I went to the same school when we were younger, and had very fond memories of attending Fest Quest when we were younger.  I was thrilled to take Vivi for the first time.

To my great delight, they still had a lot of the same games as when I was a kid!  Here, Vivi goes "fishing" for candy, which was one of my most favorite games.
 She, however, was slightly underwhelmed.  When the candy came over the side as a prize, she looked over at the lady and said, "Excuse me.  I wanted to catch a fish.  Is it still my turn?"  It took come talking to convince her that candy was an acceptable alternative.

She was much more excited about the tattoo artist (NOT around in my day, btw).

She was SUPER impressed by the giant slide, and tried again and again to make it to the top.  Unfortunately, it was a little too tall for her, and she did not quite make it to the top.  She did pretty well with it though, taking it in stride, and telling me, "I'm pretty sure I'll be tall enough next time we have a carnival."

This might have had something to do with her calmness.  There was a giant tractor ride.  Here Noah, Parker, and Vivi all get ready to go for a drive.

Who doesn't take their favorite giant leaf with them when they go for a little ride in the coupe?
All in all, Fest Quest was a little different than I truly remembered.  A little less impressive, a little exhausting (as a parent, I have no idea how mine did it with 4 of us), but still a lot fun.  I'm excited to have it be a part of my life again.

No comments:

Post a Comment