Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkin Day, part 2

So, the pumpkin patch was a little unsettling for Vivi Otto.  She just didn't warm up to it quite like we expected her to...

Until we reached the petting zoo.  Vivi apparently LOVES the petting zoo.

If there were audio to this, it would be "chee-kee.  Chee-kee.  Mama.  Dada.  Chee-kee."

So there we were.  Having a great time, watching the chickens and goats, getting our first big smiles of the pumpkin patch.  And then, Daddy brightly suggested we go inside.

Now folks, here's the thing.  I don't really like petting zoos.  The kinda freak me out.  I blame it on the sheep who tried to eat my totally rad purple shoelaces at the zoo when I was four.  I've been a little leery of them ever since.  And by a little, I mean A LOT.  Goats and sheep run at you.  They knock over little kids.  They try to eat your shoelaces. 

But Vivi was having a great time, and how do you turn down your sweet baby?  So here we are.

See that look on my face?  That's me thinking "Look here, goat.  Move one muscle in the direction of my kid and I will clothes-line you."  Vivi, on the other hand, was having a great time.  She was totally convinced the goats were dogs.  But the horns?  Really weirded her out.  She kept patting them and then saying, "Doggie?  Doggie." (pat pat)  "Woah."  She chased one baby goat around saying "ARF!  ARF!  ARF!" as I ran after her, fearful that it would try to eat the flowers on her shoes (sorry, interweb--I still can't make videos play on this damn thing.  Come over some time.  The video's really cute).

Pumpkin patch petting zoo...I love you for making my little girl smile this big.

And for having polite goats.

1 comment: