Thursday, July 19, 2012

Party..Part Deux

So...Vivi had a birthday party.  And it was awesome.  It was also FRAUGHT WITH DRAMA.  For me.  Not her.  You see, almost three months ago, Vivi announced that she wanted a mermaid birthday party.  Fabulous,  I thought!  Darling!   So I started planning.  And plotting.  SHE HAD HER OWN PINBOARD, INTERWEB.  Then, right as I was getting ready to purchase things to make the invites, she announced to me that mermaids were "not very cool," and that she really wanted a "Hiccup and Toothless party."

What's a mother to do.  I wanted her to have a great party.  So...off we went.  Dragons and Vikings it was.  I won't bore you with the 9 million OTHER things that went awry whilst planning this party.  It all turned out fine.  And she loved it.  Aunt Kate and Aunt Maria, and my BFF Jill came through with some awesome genuine viking gear, which thrilled her to the tips of her toes.

Have you ever seen a cuter Viking?

And, due to Aunt Kate's watchful eye, we discovered that Russ's still makes "How to Train Your Dragon" cakes.  Because trust me when I say, no one else does.
That's right.  Toothless, Hiccup, and a Viking War Ship.

Not a bad way to celebrate turning three.
For the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment