Saturday, December 4, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

So while I know that last year was TECHNICALLY Vivi's first Christmas, and it was lovely (snowstorm?  anyone?), I am quite excited for this year as she can participate a little more actively.  So, while she was napping Russ and I put up the tree and decorated.  Then waited, camera ready, when she woke up.

She was pretty excited, let me tell you.
Everything was so shiny and and awesome!

"Hey, you guys!  Check it out!  There is a GORGEOUS baby trapped in this shiny silver ball!"

She then found the ornament given to her last Christmas by her godmother, Aunt Maria.  Now, for those of you who do not know,Vivi really likes stars.  And bears.  And this ornament is A BEAR HOLDING A STAR.  Joyous day!  (Bea-uh!  Stah!  Bea-uh!  Stah!)

Foolishly, I tried to make her feel included by telling her that this was "Vivi's special ornament."  She shot me a shifty look from the corner of her eye, said "Bea-uh,"  in a very decisive voice...
...then yanked it from the tree and took off running.  Sigh.  We've been doing pretty good since, but there has certainly been some "No.  NO!  Vivi, that STAYS ON THE TREE!" 

Thus far, I have not even entertained the notion of wrapping presents.  Can you imagine the carnage?

No comments:

Post a Comment