Friday, November 12, 2010

"You Distract Her...I'll Go Get the Net..."

Today, I am thankful for our cat.

Stop laughing.

Seriously.  Russ left on Monday.  He doesn't get home until next Thursday, AFTER 10.  This means I am a one-woman band, and getting ready in the morning has its ups and downs.  Fortunately, I am able to get most of what needs to be done done before Vivi wakes.  And for what I can't get done...well, the cat's there to distract her.

Vivi LOVES Hippo.  She chases him all around the first floor, calling "Kee-tee. Kee-tee." as he runs in abject terror, trying to find a place to hide.  She is totally content to chase and never catch, and while Hippo may be acquiring a few gray hairs in with the black, I can get the dogs kenneled, throw my lunch into a bag, and find my jacket (according to Russ, if I hung it up this would not be a problem.  Hmph.).

I would love to show you a picture of Vivi with our cat, but Hippo ain't no fool.  So instead, here is a picture of Vivi with Baby, the cat who lives next door and is young enough to be naive and to want to play with Vivi.
Gracias, Gatitos.

No comments:

Post a Comment